Congressman Castro to Hold Homeowner and Rental Assistance Fair on Saturday, April 23
SAN ANTONIO — On Saturday, April 23 from 10 AM – 1 PM, Congressman Joaquin Castro (TX-20) and local partners will hold a resource fair at The Neighborhood Place in San Antonio to help local families connect with a wide range of resources, including pandemic relief programs to help prevent foreclosure and eviction.
During the fair, community groups will be on-hand to help San Antonians access programs and services including:
- The Homeowner Assistance Fund, a new program funded by the American Rescue Plan that provides up to $40,000 to help households with delinquent mortgage payments and up to $25,000 for delinquent property taxes, property insurance, or HOA/condo dues.
- The Affordable Connectivity Program, a new program created by the Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act that provides low-income households with a discount up to $30/month on high-speed internet subscriptions. The program also provides qualifying households with a one-time, $100 discount off the cost of a laptop, desktop computer, or tablet.
- Emergency Vouchers and Rental Assistance to help families secure safe housing or avoid eviction and homelessness.
- Utility Assistance to help families who are struggling to cover their utility bills.
- SNAP and Nutrition Assistance Programs to help families afford high-quality, nutritious food.
WHO: Congressman Joaquin Castro (TX-20), San Antonio Councilwoman Teri Castillo (District 5) and Bexar County Tax Assessor-Collector Albert Uresti.
Participating partners include the Bexar County Tax Assessors Office, Bexar County Office of Economic Development, San Antonio Housing Authority, City of San Antonio Neighborhood and Housing Department, City of San Antonio Office of Innovation, CPS Energy, Family Service, San Antonio Water System, Texas Department of Housing and Community Affairs, Texas RioGrande Legal Tenant Eviction Relief Project, and the San Antonio Food Bank
WHAT: Homeowner and Rental Assistance Fair
WHEN: Saturday, April 23 from 10 AM – 1 PM
WHERE: The Neighborhood Place (3014 Rivas St, San Antonio, TX, 78228)
This event is open to press. Members of the press who are interested in attending should email email@example.com to receive logistical details prior to arrival.
Next Article Previous Article