2024 Community Project Requests
For the third year in a row, my office is pleased to accept federal funding requests for community-based projects serving the 20th Congressional District of Texas.
Since the Community Project Funding process launched in 2021, my office has secured more than $26 million for a wide array of projects – from small business incubators to home rehabilitation. While aspects of the application and funding process have changed with the new House majority, my commitment to bringing federal funding home to San Antonio remains the same.
I strongly urge eligible non-profit organizations and local government entities to apply for this important source of federal funding. The deadline to apply for Community Project Funding with my office is March 20, 2023 at 11:59 PM CT.
- State, local, or tribal governments and non-profit organizations are generally eligible for Community Project Funding. For-profit entities are not eligible.
- Funding cannot be used for memorials, museums, or commemorations. These projects may be eligible for federal grant programs. Please reach out Jasmine.Rodriguez@mail.house.gov to learn more about the federal grants process.
- Projects must have demonstrated community support. Examples include, but are not limited to, supportive letters from local elected officials, press articles, inclusion in community development plans, or resolutions passed by local government entities.
- All applications must be submitted to my office by March 20, 2023. Interested applicants are encouraged to reach out to my office by March 13, 2023, to signal interest and receive feedback on their application. I will submit up to 15 projects for consideration by the Congress and all applicants will be notified about the status of their application by late March.
March 6, 2023: Applications Open with My Office
Potential applicants are strongly encouraged to reach out to my office by March 13, 2023, to express interest and receive technical assistance with their application.
March 9, 2023: Virtual Listening Session (2:00 PM CT) Register HERE
During this virtual event, staff from my Washington D.C. and San Antonio offices will be available to answer general questions and provide guidance on the Community Project Funding process.
March 14, 2023: Virtual Office Hours (2:00 PM CT) Register HERE
During this virtual event, staff from my Washington D.C. and San Antonio offices will be able to provide specific guidance to organizations planning to submit Community Project Funding applications.
March 20, 2023: Application Deadline (11:59 PM CT)
Applications must be submitted via this online form. Supplemental questions must be submitted separately to TX20.CommunityProjects@mail.house.gov.
I can submit up to 15 projects for review by the House Appropriations Committee. Organizations will be notified by mid-April if their application is included in my submission.
Summer 2023: Announcement of Preliminary Project Approval (Expected)
The House Appropriations Committee will likely announce preliminary approval of submitted projects by July or August 2023. Please note that some projects may be funded partially or not at all.
December 2023: Final Passage of FY2024 Appropriations Bill (Expected)
The House and Senate will likely pass the Fiscal Year 2024 appropriations bill by late December. Please note that project funding may be reduced from the level approved by the House Appropriations Committee, and some projects may not be funded at all.
Summer 2024: Community Project Funding Disbursed to Recipients (Expected)
Community Project Funding is typically disbursed by federal agencies by spring or summer.
The eligibility criteria for Community Project Funding changed significantly in comparison to last year. Community Project Funding is no longer available through the Labor, Health and Human Services, Education, and Related Agencies (LHHS), Financial Services and General Government (FSGG), and Defense appropriations bills. Please carefully review the new criteria below. If your application would fall into one of the categories that is no longer available, please reach out to my staff to discuss alternative pathways to eligibility.
Agriculture, Rural Development, Food and Drug Administration, and Related Agencies
- Department of Agriculture–Farm Production and Conservation Programs
- Natural Resources Conservation Service (Conservation Operations)
- Department of Agriculture–Research, Education, and Economics
- Agricultural Research Service (Buildings and Facilities)
- Department of Agriculture–Rural Development
- Rural Housing Service (Community Facilities)
- Rural Utilities Service (ReConnect Program)
- Rural Utilities Service (Distance Learning and Telemedicine Grants)
- Rural Utilities Service (Rural Water and Waste Disposal Grants)
Commerce, Justice, Science, and Related Agencies
- Department of Commerce
- NIST—Scientific and Technical Research
- NOAA—Coastal Zone Management
- Department of Justice
- COPS Technology and Equipment
- Byrne Justice
- National Aeronautics and Space Administration
- Safety, Security, and Mission Services
Energy and Water Development
- Army Corps of Engineers (Civil Works)
- Mississippi River and Tributaries
- Operation and Maintenance
- Department of the Interior/Bureau of Reclamation
- Water and Related Resources
- Federal Emergency Management Agency
- Federal Assistance—Emergency Ops. Centers
- Federal Assistance—Pre-Disaster Mitigation
Interior, Environment, and Related Agencies
- Environmental Protection Agency
- STAG—Clean Water State Revolving Fund
- STAG—Drinking Water State Revolving Fund
Military Construction, Veterans Affairs, and Related Agencies
- Army National Guard
- Army Reserve
- Navy & Marine Corps
- Navy Reserve
- Air Force and Space Force
- Air National Guard
- Air Force Reserve
- DoD, Defense-Wide
Transportation, and Housing and Urban Development, and Related Agencies
- Department of Housing and Urban Development
- CDBG – Economic Development Initiatives
- Department of Transportation
- Airport Improvement Program
- Highway Infrastructure Projects
- Transit Infrastructure Projects
- Consolidated Rail Infrastructure and Safety Improvements
- Port Infrastructure Development Program