Castro, Doggett to Host Town Hall to Address Domestic Violence
WASHINGTON—Congressman Joaquin Castro (TX-20), Chairman of the Congressional Hispanic Caucus, Vice Chairman of the House Foreign Affairs Committee, and a member of the House Intelligence and Education and Labor Committees, and Congressman Lloyd Doggett (TX-35), Chairman of the Health Subcommittee on the House Ways and Means Committee and senior member of the House Budget Committee, will host a town hall next Tuesday, July 2nd to address the pervasive problem of domestic violence in San Antonio and the need for immediate action. This town hall will bring together victims and survivors of domestic violence, advocates, lawmakers, and concerned community members. It will provide a forum for individuals to tell their stories in a safe, respectful and inclusive space, and together set a blueprint to address this crisis and make for a safer San Antonio.
- Congressman Joaquin Castro (TX-20)
- Congressman Lloyd Doggett (TX-35)
- Patricia Castillo, P.E.A.C.E. Initiative Executive Director
- Marta Pelaez, Family Violence Prevention Services Executive Director
- Bexar County District Attorney Joe Gonzales
- Bexar County Sheriff Javier Salazar
- SAPD Chief of Police William McManus
- Town Hall addressing the pervasive issue of domestic violence in San Antonio.
- Tuesday, July 2, 2019
- Doors Open: 6:00 PM CT
- Event begins: 6:30 PM CT
- Event ends: 8:00 PM CT
- Mennonite Fellowship Sanctuary, 1443 S St Mary's St, San Antonio, TX 78210
This event is open to public. If you are a member of the general public, please RSVP at RSVP.firstname.lastname@example.org or call (210)-348-8216.
# # #