Private and Corporate Funding Sources
- The Foundation Center
Gateway to information about private funding sources, the grant seeking process, guidelines on writing a grant proposal, addresses of state libraries with grants reference collections, and links to other useful Internet websites. The Center maintains a comprehensive database on foundations; produces print and electronic directories and guides; conducts research and publishes studies in the field; and offers a variety of training and educational seminars.
- Welcome Legislators and Policy Makers Covers policy development, constituent services, and other helpful nonprofit resources.
- Guide to Funding Research An overview of the funding research process for those seeking grants from foundations, corporations, and grantmaking public charities.
- Proposal Writing Short Course (also in Spanish, French and other languages)
- Foundation Directory Online free A free search tool providing public access to essential information about nearly 90,000 foundations and over 250,000 IRS Forms 990-PF.
- Requests for Proposals Daily postings of requests for proposals (RFPs) from private funding sources by broad subject category.
- Foundation Center Cooperating Collections Free funding information available in libraries, community foundations, and other nonprofit centers nationwide, including access to the Foundation Directory Online database.
- Grant Resources by State (Grantsmanship Center)
Click on state map to find links to information about a state’s foundations, community foundations, corporate giving programs, and the state’s home page.